I promised to try and make more of an effort to write down ingredients as I bake things – and I was finally successful! Added bonus that the muffins turned out to be really good, and everyone wins today. Enjoy!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 TBSP coconut flour (could probably leave out)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 TBSP PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 TBSP peanut butter chips
- 1 TBSP Stevia brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water
- Jam – your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a muffin tray with liners or cooking spray.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (dry) in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and combine. The batter will be really dry and sticky.
- Add water slowly to reach batter consistency. I used just less than 1/4 cup.
- Fill muffin trays half full with batter.
- Put a small spoon of jam on the top of the batter.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes – until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake or they dry out quickly!
Nutritional Info (per muffin):
Calories – 115 / Fat 7g / Carbs 9g / Protein 5g
*If you wanted to cut down on the sugar content (not that it’s high), you could omit the PB chips – but they’re really good because they melt inside. Just saying, think twice before leaving them out 😉
If you don’t follow us on Instagram (you should! @iron_forged_fitness), you need to see this dessert I had last week as part of a refeed meal. We have a pretty extensive collection of Poptarts from previous trips to the States, and rarely ever eat them. This was by far the best use of a Poptart – an ice cream sandwich with Chapman’s Caramel Coconut Blondie frozen yogurt, with a little peanut butter of course. As a pure vanilla lover, this was perfection, but I’m sure any Poptart / ice cream combo would be perfect. I have a lot of flavour options to try… Mission happily accepted!