Is it really only Wednesday? I shouldn’t complain as every week in February is a short work week (vacation time for house renovations), but that doesn’t seem to make the week go by any faster!
Last night I had the urge to actually make something that other people would probably like (rather than our boring, simple meals), so I figured I should share it – crispy chicken. Bonus is that it’s easy and fairly quick to pull together.
- chicken breast (I used the fillets, so they would cook faster)
- Panko bread crumbs
- half a cup of egg whites
- chilli powder (optional)
- chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pour egg whites into a bowl
- Pour a generous amount of Panko on a plate, add chilli powder and peppers, if desired
- Dip a piece of chicken in the egg whites, then roll it in the Panko mixture until evenly coated and place on a baking sheet
- Repeat with all pieces of chicken
- Cook for about 20 – 45 mins (depends on the thickness of the chicken you use – just be smart and check it)
- Once cooked through, put the oven on broil for about 3 – 5 minutes
- Eat it!
I served mine with green beans… I wanted asparagus, but the store was sold out (really?!).
In other news, I had a small crisis any curly-haired girl will appreciate… my flat iron died. Actually, it was killed by the cat when she knocked it on the ground, evidently knocking some wires loose. Of course I didn’t realize this until I was getting ready for work and was waiting for it to heat up. So, I did the sane thing and immediately jumped on Amazon, Google and numerous beauty supply sites, speed-read through reviews, and ordered a replacement – obviously paying for faster shipping because this is an EMERGENCY. It’ll be here today THANK GOODNESS. Lessons learned: 1) put it away (or just put it on the floor – to irritate Kyle and keep it safe), 2) my new short hair style only really works when straight, 3) I have no idea where my curling irons are, and 4) the tiny “detailing” flat iron I have is truly only good for detail work (whatever that is). I really can’t complain as that iron served me a solid 10 years, It just started my Monday off on the wrong foot.
Try the chicken! And I hope you all have better hair days than I do this week.