To celebrate the fact that the week is winding down, I wanted to bring you a treat! Note – I refuse to make anything that has a long list of ingredients, or involves complicated steps. This treat is made out of ingredients that I always have on hand, and it literally take 3 mins from start to finish.
Cinnabon Mug Cake
You will need:
- 1 scoop of casein protein (or regular protein) in vanilla
- 1 tbsp of flour (I used whole wheat because that’s all I had)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 egg white (2 tbsp of liquid whites)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of stevia or sweetener *optional
- 2.5 tbsp water
Now, the super complicated process:
- spray a mug with cooking spray
- put all ingredients in the cup (I started with water so it blended better after cooking)
- microwave for 30-40 sec
- stir it
- eat it!
If you want to get fancy, you can top it with a Greek yogurt icing of sorts (yogurt mixed with protein powder), or jam, but it’s good enough without anything else. Not going to lie, it’s not a pretty dish, but you won’t be looking at it for long – just eat it! We took it out of the mug to try and make it more photogenic, but I think it just looks like a burger patty… oh well.
Nutritional breakdown: Cals 150, fat 1.3g, carbs 11g, protein 25g *most of the calories come from the protein powder
Just for fun – compare it to the nutritional facts from Cinnabon (for a MINI): Cals 350, fat 14g, carbs 51g, protein 5g